Volunteering is a challenging and rewarding element of being involved with a not-for-profit organisation.
We are always keen to talk to reliable, caring, responsible people who are interested in giving back to the communities in which they live.
Give Back to Your Community
Our volunteers are our most valuable resource. With your help, we can grow our community into a place full of happy, healthy people. Help us reach more people in need of support by signing up below. Many volunteer roles are available in the South Sydney area, read more about them below.
There’s a million reasons to become a St George Community Transport Volunteer ... here are just a few.
- Make a positive difference in your community.
- Meet like-minded people and form long-lasting friendships
- Challenge yourself. Get outside your comfort zone
- Learn a new skill and develop your professional goals
- Be an engaged and active member of your community
Volunteer Positions & Opportunities
Volunteer drivers transport our clients to & from medical/ social appointments and much more. The STGCT fleet ranges from sedans to buses so we can match a vehicle to suit your licence class. This role requires:
- A full NSW drivers licence (sorry due to insurance we cannot accept P class licence holders for this position)
- Ongoing Drivers Licence Checks (DLC), for all drivers, conducted by STGCT, as part of its ongoing duty of care responsibilities
Volunteer Carers work closely with the drivers to provide our clients with a safe supportive and comfortable transport experience, this includes:
- Supporting clients to access and exit the vehicle safely
- Providing companionship and conversation to clients during transportation or whilst on social outings
- assisting the driver to load walkers and shopping bags into the vehicle
Volunteer Administrative Support
This volunteer position provides administrative support to the Team in the office.
Volunteer Applicants who best meet the requirements of the position will be welcomed to the St George Community Transport Volunteer Programme. All successful volunteers will receive orientation/ induction and ongoing support in the role.
Volunteer Travel Trainers
Our Volunteer Travel Trainers talk to our clients to find out
- their transport objectives, wants and needs
- if there are any barriers to access on route
- what their current abilities & capabilities are
- any alternative local transport options
They will then
- plan the journeys
- provide access to tools, resources and information so the the client can then plan other trips themselves
- take clients on trips to practice using public transport
- help clients to develop ways to work around any unexpected events
NB: All volunteers and staff of St George Community Transport are required to have a current Working with Children and National Police Check or be willing to submit your details for one to be conducted.
Download the volunteer application pack here or call 02 9585 3000 to find out how to join our team of volunteers